Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET or MHCET) is a state-level test conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai for admission to B.Tech/B.E, B.Pharm and Pharm D in the state of Maharashtra.

In the year 2013, the examination was scrapped and the admission to Engineering courses was on the basis of JEE Main. However, the examination started again in the year 2016. From 2016, the merit list was prepared giving 50% weightage to Class 12 marks and 50% weightage to MHT-CET score.

Frequency One time in a year
MHT CET exam dates Postponed – dates will be announced later
Mode of examination Online
Duration of examination 90 minutes for each paper
Official website
Courses B.E/B.Tech, B.Pharm and Pharm D
Subject Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology
Question Type Multiple Choice Questions

Eligibility Criteria

The candidates who want to attempt MHT-CET must be an Indian citizen. There is no age limit to apply for MHT-CET.

Exam Marking Scheme

The questions are based on the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. There is 80% weightage given to Class 12 syllabus and remaining 20% weightage is given to Class 11 syllabus. The questions are all MCQs with four options. There is no negative marking. The following table gives details of the marking scheme for every subject.

Subject Number of questions Marks per question Total marks Duration in minutes
Class 11 Class 12
Mathematics 10 40 2 100 90
Physics 10 40 1 100 90
Chemistry 10 40 1 100 90
Biology (Botany) 10 40 1 100 90
Biology (Zoology) 10 40 1 100 90